- October 2013 Maya & the Artist: Maya Romanoff and Jordan Martins
- April 2013 Spring 2013 Collection
- September 2012 Fall 2012 Collection
- Spring 2012 The Roger Thomas Collection for Maya Romanoff
- January 2012 Maya Romanoff Debuts New York Showroom in Manhattan's D&D Building
- Winter 2012 New Products Winter 2012
- February 2010 Maya Romanoff Studio Demonstrations at the Museum of Arts & Design: Celebrate the 40th Anniversary by Witnessing Firsthand the Company's Technique
- February 2010 Maya Romanoff Debuts First Ever Retail Collection at Bergdorf Goodman New York Headquarters designed by Amy Lau
- January 2010 Maya Romanoff Celebrates 40 Years of Innovative Design
- September 2009 Maya Romanoff Unveils Latest Offerings at HD Expo
- September 2008 The Bold and the Beautiful: Captivating Products from Maya Romanoff Fall 2008
- 2009 The Maya Romanoff Corporation: A Revolutionary Force in the World of Design
- 2009 Eco-Sensitivity is Ingrained in Everything from Maya Romanoff
- May 2008 Maya Romanoff's Renowned Beadazzled Collection Expands into Custom Artwork: Flexible Glass Beads and Swarovski Crystals Dazzle Original and Digital Art
- 2007 The Best of Both Worlds: David Rockwell for Maya Romanoff Collection Introduces Wall Coverings of Remarkable Beauty
- September 2007 David Rockwell for Maya Romanoff: Debut Collection of Wall Coverings is Tempting and Tactile
- Summer 2007 Brilliant New Products Surface from Maya Romanoff: From Copper to Capiz Shells
- May 2007 Into the Blue: Shimmering
- Winter 2006 Boundless Creativity and Invention Continue at Maya Romanoff: Introducing New Beadazzled(tm) and Mother of Pearl(tm)
- October 2006 New Surface Materials from Maya Romanoff Light Up Interior Design: Abacadazzle and Bananarama Shimmer with Color and Texture
- August 16, 2006 NEWH to present Maya Romanoff with Icon of Industry Award At International Hotel/Motel and Restaurant Show
- August 10, 2006 Maya Romanoff 54" Type II Vinyl
- May 2006 Custom Bedazzled Murals by Maya Romanoff Take Interiors to Glittering Heights
- Winter 2005 Get in the Wall Game: Intriguing New Wallcoverings Score High in a Winning Decor
- May 2003 Maya Romanoff Introduces: Beadazzled Flexible Wallcovering Made of Genuine Glass Beads
- 2003 The Harris Music Theater for Music and Dance
- 1986 Bess' Sunrise
- MAYA ROMANOFF (bio)
MAYA ROMANOFF (bio)
When Maya Romanoff was living the ultimate student experience of the 1960's at the University of California in Berkeley, he probably never imagined his studies would lead him to where he is today: artist, inventor, and director of the Maya Romanoff Corporation, the leading manufacturer of innovative wall covering and surfacing materials in the world of design.
Romanoff's post graduate travels to countries such as North Africa and Paris cemented his developing philosophy that art should be an integral part of everyday life. In turn, employment at the couture houses of Paris spurred on his interest in textile design. Enter Woodstock, and Romanoff's discovery of the intriguing technique of tie-dye. Presently he was producing amazing fabrics that swept tie-dye into the realm of couture. These early explorations of fabric and art sparked his life-long fascination with using common materials to create uncommon art.
The Maya Romanoff Corporation was established in 1969 and has grown to more than 50 employees. The Chicago based company is unique in that it fosters a sense of community and artistic expression that is rare in today's corporate world. Throughout the company's evolution Romanoff's founding vision of transforming modern design by combining ancient artistic techniques with the latest production technology has held strong. Pushing technological boundaries has allowed Romanoff to turn his affinity for organic beauty into marketable, avant-garde surface coverings.
Some of Romanoff's most acclaimed projects have showcased fabrics as fluid works of art, most notably: New York's Museum of Contemporary Arts' 1972 Fabric Vibrations; Bess' Sunrise, the draping of the Chicago Sun-Times building in 120 ft long ribbons of vibrant color; and the design of shimmering main stage curtain for The Harris Theater for Music and Dance at Chicago's Millennium Park. Romanoff has led the corporation into position as a prime surface coverings resource for top interior designers and architects. Installments include such highprofile projects as Nobu in Hong Kong, Melbourne and Los Angeles (to open Sept. 2007), the Green Room at the Kodak Theater for the 2007 Academy Awards, Tiffany, the new Playboy Club in Los Angeles, Boucheron stores, Phantom of the Opera Theater in Los Angeles, special projects for Disney, the palace of the Crown Prince of Dubai, Harrod's, American Girl Stores, and celebrities homes around the world.
Maya Romanoff has been the recipient of countless awards, including the ICON of Industry Scholarship Award, presented in honor of his lifetime achievements in November 2006 by NEWH, Inc., the Hospitality Industry Network. Other prestigious awards include House & Garden's Designers' Best, The International Furnishings and Design Association's Trailblazer Award, Hospitality Design's Best of Show in Hong Kong, Las Vegas and Miami, commissions for one of a kind artworks with Dizine for the St. Louis Contemporary Art Museum & Puerto Rican Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Home's Top 100 Designs, NEOCON's Best of Show, and the International Contemporary Furniture Fair's Editor's Award. In addition, Beadazzled, Romanoff's revolutionary collection of wall coverings made of tiny, sparkling glass beads, has earned a permanent place in the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum.